Saturday 21 March 2009

Coffee Farmers Need your VOTE



When I wake up in the morning all I want is a really good cup of strong coffee! I am not too concerned about anything else. I walk straight to the kitchen, grind some fresh roasted beans and make a pot of coffee. The smell alone makes me happy to be awake!

I am a total coffee snob and love the good stuff! But through my travels I have met so many coffee farmers that do not have the right tools to farm effectively. Hence they end up producing a bad crop and make very little money... so I started http://www.coffeeconnect.org.

Coffee Connections is a non-profit, non-sectarian organization dedicated to the livelihood of small scale African coffee farmers and assisting in moving their coffee higher up the value chain.

We are in a contest to win 10,000 USD in start-up funds for our coffee farming capacity building project. We need your help...all your have to do is VOTE. Please vote for Coffee Connections on ideablob: http://www.ideablob.com/ideas/4887-Coffee-Connections

I am asking coffee lovers everywhere... please vote for Coffee Connections. Vote for better quality coffee, vote for more just prices given to farmers, vote for Direct-trade!

No comments:

Post a Comment